"Pull Your Head Out Of Your Assumptions: What Teachers Know About Teaching is a brutally honest book about the everyday concerns and realities for student-teachers, active teachers, policy makers, and parents."
Matthew Macaluso is an active high school History and Social Studies teacher in Connecticut. He has been teaching both adolescent and adult learners since 1998 (not including a two year poorly made decision to work for 'the man' in a private firm) in subjects as diverse as United States History, World History, Psychology, Principles of Law, Trial Law, The History of Rock & Roll, and Philosophy.
He is a cooperating practitioner with Springfield College and has supervised three student teachers. He has written for the Manhattanville College School of Education Alumni Magazine and appeared on WOR AM radio in New York City. In 2014, he was awarded a grant to design an interdisciplinary lesson that merged artistic expression with thesis statement development. He has been flying airplanes since he was 14 and is an instrument rated private pilot and, so far, all of his landings have been successful.
Matt is the owner of Human Intelligence LLC, a historical research company for the entertainment industry. This is his first book.
- WOR AM New York - March 5th 2016
- WOR AM New York - March 26th 2016
- Barnes & Noble - West Hartford, CT - April 13th, 2016 at 7pm.
- Barnes & Noble - Glastonbury, CT - April 16, 2016 at noon
- WTNH News8 - May 16th 2016 appearing on CT Style
- Manhattanville College (Reid Castle - East Library) - Purchase, NY September 29, 2016 at 7pm
- Barnes & Noble - West Hartford, CT - October 13th, 2016 at 6:30pm.
- Springfield College, Springfield, MA - Saturday November 5th at 1:30pm
- WTNH News8 - November 21, 2016 appearing on CT Style
- Somers, CT February 23 2017 Somers High School Media Center Speaking at Teachers of Tomorrow meeting.
- New Orleans, LA - March 5 2017 - Critical Questions in Education Conference
- Storrs, CT - March 27, 2017 - UConn Co-op at Storrs Center University of Connecticut
- Hartford, CT - July 14, 2017 - HOT Education conference Morning Session
- Lyndonville, VT - September 22, 2017 Lyndon State College